Windows Systems Administrator
Clearance Level: None
At Aquila Technology, you will see our team’s passion every day, whether we are building a robust, policy-compliant IT system or stress-testing a system to identify gaps and security vulnerabilities. To own the advantage, we ensure our team owns results and gets the work done right the first time by deploying smart, purposeful solutions that work. Aquila is the right people with the right skills driving the right outcomes. We call this the Aquila Advantage.
About the Role:
Aquila is seeking a Windows Systems Administrator to join our team in supporting one of the country’s premier defense research organizations. The division addresses the needs of next-generation satellite, airborne, and terrestrial networks using its core expertise in radio frequency (RF), fiber and free-space optics, cyber security, network protocols and services, information operations, communications processing, and speech and language technologies.
There are a few requirements for the position:
- Must be a U.S Citizen (Green Cards / Visas do not qualify)
- Willingness to undergo a comprehensive background investigation and maintain a personal security clearance. (Aquila would sponsor you for the security clearance.)
- Reside within 100 miles of Lexington, Massachusetts.
What You’ll Do:
A successful candidate will be adept at working within a small, fast-moving team and will have some hands-on System Administration experience with either Windows. They will be adept at scripting using Python, Bash, or Ansible. Network administration experience is also desirable, including managing data center and small network configurations: switches, routers, firewalls, modern software management and monitoring tools, and some knowledge of automation techniques.
What You’ll Bring:
- 3 years of System Administration
And These Skills are a Bonus:
- BS in a related field or equivalent
- Experience with Linux OS or Ubuntu
- Experience managing classified IT systems, STIGs, SCAPS, and RMF is HIGHLY PREFERRED
- Experience maintaining directory services. (e.g., Microsoft, Redhat IDM, LDAP, etc.).
- Experience with virtual machines. (e.g., VMWare vSphere, Desktop/Server, Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud, etc.).
- Experience managing system/server resources, including performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recoverability.
- Able to diagnose and perform repairs on faulty system/server hardware.
- Install, update, and troubleshoot systems/servers.
- Develop and document systems administration standard operating procedures.
- Plan, execute, and verify data redundancy and system recovery procedures.
- Conduct periodic system maintenance, including cleaning (both physically and electronically), disk checks, routine reboots, data dumps, and testing.
- Provide ongoing optimization and problem-solving support
- Scripting languages like Python, Bash, or Ansible a plus
- CompTIA Security+ certification. Candidates will be required to obtain a CompTIA Security+ certification within 6 months of starting if they do not have one when the assignment begins.
Our interview process is designed to let you get to know us as much as for us to get to know you!
- You’ll meet with someone from our Recruiting team so we can learn more about you and answer some of your questions.
- You’ll meet with the Hiring Manager to learn more about the team, the role and get to tell us more about what you’d bring to the team
- You’ll meet team members who will be your peers to help you get a feel for a “real day in the life” at Self.
Benefits and Perks:
Aquila team members experience the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, customer-focused, and technically innovative work environment. Aquila strives to deliver the best of the best in technical services to our customers. Candidates that possess a love for technical challenges, a desire to constantly learn, and the desire to establish themselves as critical players within a team will enjoy calling Aquila Technology home.
Our Perks Include the following:
- PTO – 15 days (vacation/sick) 10 paid holidays – 6 standard (New Year’s, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas) – 4 floating holidays prorated based on your day of hire
- 1.5 paid days, or 12 hours, for approved volunteer work
- 1 week of paid maternity/paternity LOA after 1 year of Full-time employment
- Tuition & Training Reimbursement – 5K annually for pre-approved, job-related tuition, certification, or professional conferences
- 401K with Fidelity 100% immediate vesting; Plan eligibility begins 90 days following the date of hire. Aquila matches 50 cents on the dollar, up to 6%.
- Cell Phone & Internet Reimbursed up to $150 monthly to cover cell phone, data, and home internet expenses.
- By Your Own Device (BYOD) Allowance Reimbursed up to $1500 for the purchase of a qualified technology device. Eligible after 90 days of employment, and benefit renews every three years.
Location: Lexington- MA
Work Schedule: 100% onsite
Travel: Candidate will need to be 100% onsite from the first day of assignment. There may be some flexibility down the road for some partial remote work, but it is dependent upon the nature of the projects being worked on.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.