Clearance Level: TS/SCI
At Aquila Technology, you will see our team’s passion every day, whether we are building a robust, policy-compliant IT system or stress-testing a system to identify gaps and security vulnerabilities. To own the advantage, we ensure our team owns results and gets the work done right the first time by deploying smart, purposeful solutions that work. Aquila is the right people with the right skills driving the right outcomes. We call this the Aquila Advantage.
About the Role:
Aquila is seeking a Systems Administrator to join our team in supporting one of the country’s premier defense research organizations. The group conducts research and development on space surveillance problems including tracking and identification of satellites, radar image exploitation, close approach monitoring and collision warning, applications of multi-sensor data fusion, and decision support. The group also develops a net-centric, service-oriented architecture that networks all of these capabilities together in an integrated information system.
There are a few requirements for the position:
- Must be a U.S Citizen (Green Cards / Visas do not qualify)
- Willingness to undergo a comprehensive background investigation and maintain a personal security clearance. (Aquila would sponsor you for the security clearance.)
- Reside within 100 miles of Lexington, Massachusetts.
What You’ll Do:
The candidate will have experience in the design of computer system solutions, including provisioning, configuration, and management of Linux, Windows, and Windows Server. They should also have experience in hardening endpoints to meet NIST/RMF/JSIG requirements and be comfortable using advanced vulnerability remediation techniques. They will interface with vendors to spec, purchase, and maintain hardware, licensing, and warranty information for systems, hardware, and software. The Systems Administrator will need to develop creative technical solutions to complex IT problems under general supervision and must be comfortable working independently while reporting to Program Managers, and IT Management. Make recommendations on hardware, software, and system component purchases as needed. Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the environment including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
Responsibilities will include:
- Perform as a Linux and Windows System Administrator on classified government networks
- Scripting, virtualization, and automation of systems.
- SCAP scan systems and apply STIG hardening procedures.
- Managing and updating Windows GPOs.
- Create and maintain user and computer accounts, and modify file permissions and security access lists
- Develop and document technical processes and procedures
- Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions
- Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases
- Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM)
- Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts
- Work with a team, under minimal direction, and independently determine and develop approaches to complex IT solutions
- This role requires excellent communication skills, both with team members and technical/non-technical users at different levels throughout the organization.
- The candidate must possess a sincere desire to work in a highly visible research and development organization
What You’ll Bring:
- DOD 8570 IAT Level 2 or 8140 (451) Certification (Security+, CISSP, etc.)
- Currently holds a Top Secret/SCI clearance
- 2 years of IT Security Policies (NIST/RMF/JSIG)
- 2 years of STIGs/SCAP
- 2 years of Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- 2 years of Administering classified Linux systems
- 2 years of Administering classified Windows systems
- Virtualization Technologies (VMware, including ESXi and VCenter configuration)
Working Knowledge of the Following:
- Strong understanding of IT Security Policies and best practices (NIST/RMF/JSIG)
- Must have a DOD 8570 IAT Level 2 or 8140 (451) System Administrator Basic baseline certification (example: Security+ CE)
- Experience administrating classified Linux and Windows systems
- Virtualization technology (VMware, including ESXi and VCenter configuration), networking storage, and user access
- Hardening systems, (SCAP/STIG) implementation
And These Skills are a Bonus:
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s or higher degree in a STEM-related discipline, a Security+ CE
- Windows server administration in an SCI-classified environment
- Configure and Manage Centralized Logging and Audit Capabilities
- MS Active Directory, LDAP
- Virtualization Technologies to include VM management, Snapshots, SANs, and iSCSI Storage Systems
- Experience operating under, and managing systems within RMF information system environments
- Clustering technologies (Open Shift & Container)
- Apache project
Our interview process is designed to let you get to know us as much as for us to get to know you!
- You’ll meet with someone from our Recruiting team so we can learn more about you and answer some of your questions.
- You’ll meet with the Hiring Manager to learn more about the team, the role, and get to tell us more about what you’d bring to the team
- You’ll meet team members who will be your peers to help you get a feel for a “real day in the life” at Self.
Benefits and Perks:
Aquila team members experience the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, customer-focused, and technically innovative work environment. Aquila strives to deliver the best of the best in technical services to our customers. Candidates that possess a love for technical challenges, a desire to constantly learn, and the desire to establish themselves as critical players within a team will enjoy calling Aquila Technology home.
Our Perks Include:
- PTO – 15 days (vacation/sick) 10 paid holidays – 6 standard (New Year’s, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas) – 4 floating holidays prorated based on your day of hire
- 1.5 paid days, or 12 hours, for approved volunteer work
- 1 week of paid maternity/paternity LOA after 1 year of Full-time employment
- Tuition & Training Reimbursement – 5K annually for pre-approved, job-related tuition, certification, or professional conferences
- 401K with Fidelity 100% immediate vesting; Plan eligibility begins 90 days following the date of hire. Aquila matches 50 cents on the dollar, up to 6%.
- Cell Phone & Internet Reimbursed up to $150 monthly to cover cell phone, data, and home internet expenses.
- By Your Own Device (BYOD) Allowance Reimbursed up to $1500 for the purchase of a qualified technology device. Eligible after 90 days of employment, and benefit renews every three years.
Location: Lexington, MA
Work Schedule: This position will be 100% onsite due to the nature of the work. There may be some remote flexibility on a case-by-case basis but there are no regular remote days. Daily tasks will be performed in a SCIF for most of the day. The office location is also in a closed area but not a SCIF. The group tries to break up the schedule when they can. Must be within commutable distance of Lexington, Massachusetts.
Clearance: The candidate should have an active TS/SCI clearance plus the willingness to go to special access program (SAP) levels in order to be considered for this position due to the nature of the work being done.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.