Clearance Level: None
At Aquila Technology, you will see our team’s passion every day, whether we are building a robust, policy-compliant IT system or stress-testing a system to identify gaps and security vulnerabilities. To own the advantage, we ensure our team owns results and gets the work done right the first time by deploying smart, purposeful solutions that work. Aquila is the right people with the right skills driving the right outcomes. We call this the Aquila Advantage.
About the Role:
Aquila is seeking a Software Developer to join our team in supporting one of the country’s premier defense research organizations. The group develops, builds, tests, and operates laser communications systems for a variety of applications and environments. The group offers dramatically increased data rates and enhanced physical security relative to standard radio frequency-based communications systems. The group has expertise in communications; optics; electro-optics; optical turbulence mitigation; precise pointing control systems; embedded systems; command, control, and telemetry; test set design and fabrication; data analysis; modeling; and simulation.
What You’ll Do:
The person in this position will be asked to prototype new concepts, participate in the development of systems, and provide support to deployed systems. Candidate must be willing to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment. Team members will work with interdisciplinary teams to develop advanced communication system prototypes and testing with both internally and externally developed systems. Work includes embedded software design, code implementation, and testing to support a variety of high-fidelity software-in-the-loop and hardware-in-the-loop prototypes. Candidates will participate in developing cross-platform, distributed, and multi-processor object-oriented code for embedded applications. Requires understanding of object-oriented analysis and design in addition to programming language skills in C and C++.
There are a few requirements for the position:
- Must be a U.S Citizen (Green Cards / Visas do not qualify)
- Willingness to undergo a comprehensive background investigation and maintain a personal security clearance. (Aquila would sponsor you for the security clearance.)
- Reside within 100 miles of Lexington, Massachusetts.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years of Software/Algorithm Development
- 3 years of Software Documentation
- 3 years of C/C++ Programming
- 3 years of JSON
- 3 years of Object Oriented Software Design and Development
- 3 years of Software Architecture
- 3 years of Software Design/Development
- 3 years of XML
- 2 years of Experience with Green Hills Integrity-178 RTOS
- 3 years of Hardware and Software Integration
- 3 years of Test-driven, Unit Testing
Working Knowledge of the Following:
- Experience developing software with hardware interfaces through the complete life-cycle from requirements analysis, design, implementation, integration, and support
- Good communication skills: willingness to listen to the needs of engineers and the ability to articulate solutions to engineers in other disciplines who possess little understanding of software systems
- Familiarity with C/C++, familiarity with XML, and JSON data interchange format
- Experience writing unit tests to help verify desired functionality at the unit level
- Experience with Integrity-178 RTOS
Our interview process is designed to let you get to know us as much as for us to get to know you!
- You’ll meet with someone from our Recruiting team so we can learn more about you and answer some of your questions.
- You’ll meet with the Hiring Manager to learn more about the team, the role, and get to tell us more about what you’d bring to the team
- You’ll meet team members who will be your peers to help you get a feel for a “real day in the life” at Self.
Benefits and Perks:
Aquila team members experience the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, customer-focused, and technically innovative work environment. Aquila strives to deliver the best of the best in technical services to our customers. Candidates that possess a love for technical challenges, a desire to constantly learn, and the desire to establish themselves as critical players within a team will enjoy calling Aquila Technology home.
Our Perks Include:
- PTO – 15 days (vacation/sick) 10 paid holidays – 6 standard (New Year’s, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas) – 4 floating holidays prorated based on your day of hire
- 1.5 paid days, or 12 hours, for approved volunteer work
- 1 week of paid maternity/paternity LOA after 1 year of Full-time employment
- Tuition & Training Reimbursement – 5K annually for pre-approved, job-related tuition, certification, or professional conferences
- 401K with Fidelity 100% immediate vesting; Plan eligibility begins 90 days following the date of hire. Aquila matches 50 cents on the dollar, up to 6%.
- Cell Phone & Internet Reimbursed up to $150 monthly to cover cell phone, data, and home internet expenses.
- By Your Own Device (BYOD) Allowance Reimbursed up to $1500 for the purchase of a qualified technology device. Eligible after 90 days of employment, and benefit renews every three years.
Location: Lexington, Massachusetts.
Work Schedule: The position is 100% onsite. Must be within commutable distance of Lexington, Massachusetts.
Clearance: Interim clearance is sufficient for this role.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.