Clearance Level: None
At Aquila Technology, you will see our team’s passion every day, whether we are building a robust, policy-compliant IT system or stress-testing a system to identify gaps and security vulnerabilities. To own the advantage, we ensure our team owns results and gets the work done right the first time by deploying smart, purposeful solutions that work. Aquila is the right people with the right skills driving the right outcomes. We call this the Aquila Advantage.
About the Role:
Aquila is seeking a Systems Administrator to join our team in supporting one of the country’s premier defense research organizations. The Group specializes in tactical networking technologies and systems supporting unique government requirements. A primary focus of the Group is on communications and network systems for high-mobility airborne platforms, where communications topologies and adverse channel conditions are subject to rapid change. The Group operates a scalable network testbed with carrier-class, Layer-2 switching and flexibly deployed emulation and simulation compute nodes. This testbed supports a broad range of network topologies, bandwidths, and simulation or emulation of commercial and military communications links and network protocols. This flexibility supports almost any mix of heterogeneous tactical or infrastructure networks to be replicated in the laboratory, supporting prototyping and test events.
There are a few requirements for the position:
- Must be a U.S Citizen (Green Cards / Visas do not qualify)
- Willingness to undergo a comprehensive background investigation and maintain a personal security clearance. (Aquila would sponsor you for the security clearance.)
- Reside within 100 miles of Lexington, Massachusetts.
What You’ll Do:
This System Administrator will build and maintain complex systems and networks in a research environment. The candidate will also support highly technical end users by maintaining laboratories of research servers and networks, virtual environments, and desktop/laptop development systems. The system administrator will also perform helpdesk functions to support group desktop/laptop machines. The system administrator must be well versed in operating networks in both unclassified // FOUO and classified environments.
What You’ll Bring:
- Security+ Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8 years of Operating System (OS) platforms (Linux, Mac, Windows)
- 8 years of Networking experience (routers/switches/firewalls/servers)
- 1 year of ServiceNow Administration
- 1 year of Neat administration experience
- 8 years of MS Active Directory, LDAP
- 8 years of Redhat Linux Systems Administration
- 8 years of System Administration
- 8 years of VM Ware ESXi and Associated Management Systems
Working Knowledge of the Following:
- Strong systems administration support skills – troubleshooting, familiarity with Windows, and Mac systems
- Neat administration experience
- Service Now administration experience
- Linux system administration skills; imaging on servers etc
- Ability to automate using scripting languages and/or the latest technologies (e.g. Shell, Python, Ansible)
- Experience with virtualization technologies (VMware vSphere preferred)
- Demonstrated understanding of fundamental networking concepts and technologies (Switching, VLANs, routing, firewall rules/access lists)
- Knowledge of common open source tools & services (web server, LDAP, DNS, DHCP, NFS, git)
- Security+ certification is required
- Additional appropriate security certificates for administrating networks in a classified environment (i.e. MCSE + Security, CompTIA Security+ CE, etc.)
And These Skills are a Bonus:
- Scripting Experience: Python, Ansible, TCL or Bash
Our interview process is designed to let you get to know us as much as for us to get to know you!
- You’ll meet with someone from our Recruiting team so we can learn more about you and answer some of your questions.
- You’ll meet with the Hiring Manager to learn more about the team, the role, and get to tell us more about what you’d bring to the team
- You’ll meet team members who will be your peers to help you get a feel for a “real day in the life” at Self.
Benefits and Perks:
Aquila team members experience the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, customer-focused, and technically innovative work environment. Aquila strives to deliver the best of the best in technical services to our customers. Candidates that possess a love for technical challenges, a desire to constantly learn, and the desire to establish themselves as critical players within a team will enjoy calling Aquila Technology home.
Our Perks Include:
- PTO – 15 days (vacation/sick) 10 paid holidays – 6 standard (New Year’s, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas) – 4 floating holidays prorated based on your day of hire
- 1.5 paid days, or 12 hours, for approved volunteer work
- 1 week of paid maternity/paternity LOA after 1 year of Full-time employment
- Tuition & Training Reimbursement – 5K annually for pre-approved, job-related tuition, certification, or professional conferences
- 401K with Fidelity 100% immediate vesting; Plan eligibility begins 90 days following the date of hire. Aquila matches 50 cents on the dollar, up to 6%.
- Cell Phone & Internet Reimbursed up to $150 monthly to cover cell phone, data, and home internet expenses.
- By Your Own Device (BYOD) Allowance Reimbursed up to $1500 for the purchase of a qualified technology device. Eligible after 90 days of employment, and benefit renews every three years.
Location: Lexington, MA
Work Schedule: This position is onsite – The candidate will need to work onsite 5 days a week with some occasional flexibility. Must be within commutable distance of Lexington, MA.
Clearance: Interim clearance is acceptable for the time of start.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.