Clearance Level: None
At Aquila Technology, you will see our team’s passion every day, whether we are building a robust, policy-compliant IT system or stress-testing a system to identify gaps and security vulnerabilities. To own the advantage, we ensure our team owns results and gets the work done right the first time by deploying smart, purposeful solutions that work. Aquila is the right people with the right skills driving the right outcomes. We call this the Aquila Advantage.
About the Role:
Aquila is seeking a Systems Engineer to join our team in supporting one of the country’s premier defense research organizations.
There are a few requirements for the position:
- Must be a U.S Citizen (Green Cards / Visas do not qualify)
- Willingness to undergo a comprehensive background investigation and maintain a personal security clearance. (Aquila would sponsor you for the security clearance.)
- Reside within 100 miles of Lexington, Massachusetts.
What You’ll Do:
The group is in need of a systems engineer to support CMMC efforts.
What You’ll Bring:
- Security+ Certification
- 3 years of Systems Engineering
- 3 years of Cyber security-related experience
- 3 years of System/Server management (performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recoverability)
- 3 years of Performance analysis
- 3 years of Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- 3 years of Operating Systems: Linux, Windows, VMware
- 3 years of Redhat Linux Systems Administration
- 3 years of System Administration
- 3 years of Systems Analysis
Working Knowledge of the Following:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience with systems security, understanding of software lifecycle. The candidate should be an early career, a self-starter hungry to learn, and eager to grow their skillset. We are not looking for candidates that are too senior. Interpersonal skills are critical.
- Security+ certification
- They will modify the years of experience if someone has the majority of the technical skills and a military background.
And These Skills are a Bonus:
- Bachelor’s degree or certifications and equivalent experience. Any prior military experience is a plus.
Our interview process is designed to let you get to know us as much as for us to get to know you!
- You’ll meet with someone from our Recruiting team so we can learn more about you and answer some of your questions.
- You’ll meet with the Hiring Manager to learn more about the team, the role, and get to tell us more about what you’d bring to the team
- You’ll meet team members who will be your peers to help you get a feel for a “real day in the life” at Self.
Benefits and Perks:
Aquila team members experience the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, customer-focused, and technically innovative work environment. Aquila strives to deliver the best of the best in technical services to our customers. Candidates that possess a love for technical challenges, a desire to constantly learn, and the desire to establish themselves as critical players within a team will enjoy calling Aquila Technology home.
Our Perks Include:
- PTO – 15 days (vacation/sick) 10 paid holidays – 6 standard (New Year’s, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas) – 4 floating holidays prorated based on your day of hire
- 1.5 paid days, or 12 hours, for approved volunteer work
- 1 week of paid maternity/paternity LOA after 1 year of Full-time employment
- Tuition & Training Reimbursement – 5K annually for pre-approved, job-related tuition, certification, or professional conferences
- 401K with Fidelity 100% immediate vesting; Plan eligibility begins 90 days following the date of hire. Aquila matches 50 cents on the dollar, up to 6%.
- Cell Phone & Internet Reimbursed up to $150 monthly to cover cell phone, data, and home internet expenses.
- By Your Own Device (BYOD) Allowance Reimbursed up to $1500 for the purchase of a qualified technology device. Eligible after 90 days of employment, and benefit renews every three years.
Location: Lexington, MA
Work Schedule: This position is hybrid – The candidate should expect to work onsite 3-4 days/week Must be within commutable distance of Lexington, MA.
Clearance: Interim secret sufficient to start.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.