Clearance Level: Top Secret
At Aquila Technology, you will see our team’s passion every day, whether we are building a robust, policy-compliant IT system or stress-testing a system to identify gaps and security vulnerabilities. To own the advantage, we ensure our team owns results and gets the work done right the first time by deploying smart, purposeful solutions that work. Aquila is the right people with the right skills driving the right outcomes. We call this the Aquila Advantage.
About the Role:
Aquila is seeking a Systems Administrator to join our team in supporting one of the country’s premier defense research organizations. The group works on air defense issues, in particular, air vehicle survivability, vulnerability of aircraft to weapons systems, electronic countermeasures, and air surveillance for homeland defense. In support of these efforts, the group operates airborne and ground-based testbeds composed of state-of-the-art instrumentation and sensors.
What You’ll Do:
The candidate will support IT Infrastructure, operating system installation, troubleshooting, networking, and software application installation. Primary duties will consist of supporting technical programs, program managers, and technical staff utilizing modern IT processes. Duties will also consist of providing real-time support of data collection during test events in austere locations with limited internet access, participating in defining, describing, and implementing program deliverables/functionalities, and evaluating and proposing the use of open source and commercial software, frameworks, and tools where applicable. Additionally, due to minimal manning of the Field Site, the candidate would be expected to cross-train in other office roles as time allows.
There are a few requirements for the position:
- Must be a U.S Citizen (Green Cards / Visas do not qualify)
- Willingness to undergo a comprehensive background investigation and maintain a personal security clearance. (Aquila would sponsor you for the security clearance.)
- Reside within 100 miles of Lexington, Massachusetts.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years of Linux network configuration
- 3 years of Troubleshoot, debugging issues, and recommending mitigation strategies/solutions
- 3 years of Configuring and Managing Centralized Logging and Audit Capabilities
- 3 years of Linux Environment
- 3 years of MS Active Directory, LDAP
- 3 years of System Administration
- 3 years of Windows Patch Management
Working Knowledge of the Following:
- Experience operating and maintaining Linux servers
- Experience deploying and maintaining networking hardware
- Ability to work with a software development team to deploy and debug software running in a Linux environment
- General Linux system administration and auditing
- Experience with hardware and software RAID implementations
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Experience supporting a software development team, software testing, system configuration management and system troubleshooting
- Candidates must be enthusiastic, innovative, motivated self-starters able to work independently with minimal support as well as part of a group to achieve program requirements
And These Skills are a Bonus:
- Software/applications: Python, Bash scripting, C++, and/or MATLAB.
- Experience with remote sensing systems (Radar, EO/IR), software-defined radios (SDRs).
- Experience working with CISCO switches and ADVA optical networking hardware
- Experience operating and maintaining Windows computers
- Experience with test equipment: oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, emulators, and digital multi-meters
Our interview process is designed to let you get to know us as much as for us to get to know you!
- You’ll meet with someone from our Recruiting team so we can learn more about you and answer some of your questions.
- You’ll meet with the Hiring Manager to learn more about the team, the role, and get to tell us more about what you’d bring to the team
- You’ll meet team members who will be your peers to help you get a feel for a “real day in the life” at Self.
Benefits and Perks:
Aquila team members experience the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, customer-focused, and technically innovative work environment. Aquila strives to deliver the best of the best in technical services to our customers. Candidates that possess a love for technical challenges, a desire to constantly learn, and the desire to establish themselves as critical players within a team will enjoy calling Aquila Technology home.
Our Perks Include:
- PTO – 15 days (vacation/sick) 10 paid holidays – 6 standard (New Year’s, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas) – 4 floating holidays prorated based on your day of hire
- 1.5 paid days, or 12 hours, for approved volunteer work
- 1 week of paid maternity/paternity LOA after 1 year of Full-time employment
- Tuition & Training Reimbursement – 5K annually for pre-approved, job-related tuition, certification, or professional conferences
- 401K with Fidelity 100% immediate vesting; Plan eligibility begins 90 days following the date of hire. Aquila matches 50 cents on the dollar, up to 6%.
- Cell Phone & Internet Reimbursed up to $150 monthly to cover cell phone, data, and home internet expenses.
- By Your Own Device (BYOD) Allowance Reimbursed up to $1500 for the purchase of a qualified technology device. Eligible after 90 days of employment, and benefit renews every three years.
Location: Henderson, Nevada
Work Schedule: On-site — Individual works generally on-site at the Nevada facility.
Clearance: Candidates must have an active top-secret clearance to be considered for this position.
Travel: Frequent daytime local travel (1-3 days every week) with occasional overnight work. Infrequent (2-3 times annually) local overnight travel lasting 3-5 days. Daily work duration and departure/return times for local and overnight travel can be unpredictable. Infrequent (1-2 times annually) travel to Massachusetts lasting 5-7 days.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.