Software Engineer – Matlab Simulation
Clearance Level: Secret
At Aquila Technology, you will see our team’s passion every day, whether we are building a robust, policy-compliant IT system or stress-testing a system to identify gaps and security vulnerabilities. To own the advantage, we ensure our team owns results and gets the work done right the first time by deploying smart, purposeful solutions that work. Aquila is the right people with the right skills driving the right outcomes. We call this the Aquila Advantage.
About the Role:
Aquila is seeking a Software Engineer – Matlab Simulation to join our team in supporting one of the country’s premier defense research organizations. The group supports the development of advanced technologies and systems for application to sensors and interceptor missiles to be used in future surveillance and missile defense systems.
There are a few requirements for the position:
- Must be a U.S Citizen (Green Cards / Visas do not qualify)
- Willingness to undergo a comprehensive background investigation and maintain a personal security clearance. (Aquila would sponsor you for the security clearance.)
- Reside within 100 miles of Lexington, Massachusetts.
What You’ll Do:
The experienced software engineer will join a team of analysts and algorithm developers to implement and document an advanced modular object-oriented system-level analysis and modeling tool in MATLAB. Responsibilities include but are not limited to maintaining a codebase in Git that spans multiple classification levels and air-gapped networks and developing example scripts and unit tests to verify the functionality of MATLAB object-oriented codebase.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of Data Analysis Packages: MATLAB, R, etc.
- 5 years of Data Analysis Tool Development using MATLAB
- 5 years of MATLAB Data Analysis
- 5 years of Software/Algorithm Development
- 5 years of Software Documentation
- 5 years of Code Generation from Matlab/Simulink
- 5 years of GIT/GitHub
- 5 years of Implementing software in Matlab
- 5 years of Integration of Java/C/C++/other in Matlab/Simulink
- 5 years of MATLAB
- 5 years of Object Oriented Software Design and Development
- 5 years of Software Design/Development
- 5 years of XML and SQL
- 5 years of MATLAB Signal Processing Techniques (Fourier Transformations, filters, etc.)
- 5 years of Statistical Signal Processing, Wiener Filtering, MATLAB, Linear Algebra
- 5 years if Maven or Gradle, Git / Gitlab, Make / Autotools
Working Knowledge of the Following:
- Demonstrated experience with MATLAB simulation development, including familiarity with recent (2019b+) argument validation and object-oriented features
- Demonstrated experience managing software version control repository using Git (GitHub/GitLab)
- Experience managing software repositories across multiple air-gapped networks (for example, using Git bundle)
- Demonstrated experience coding in an object-oriented programming style
- Experience documenting MATLAB code utilizing built-in ‘help’ and ‘doc’ functionality
- Demonstrated experience supporting the development of large simulation codebases with multiple collaborators
- Demonstrated experience working on aerospace simulations
- Superior English technical writing skills in support of writing and maintaining adequate software documentation (including user guides) following specific style guidelines
- Ability to solve problems independently
- Ability to collaborate and coordinate in teams of 5-10 people
And These Skills are a Bonus:
- Familiarity with missile defense and/or hypersonic technology and concepts
- Sound knowledge of Java, Python, and C/C++
- Familiarity with code development and maintenance on Linux-based systems
- Experience conducting code reviews with a large team of stakeholders
- Experience with parallel computing environments and job management using Slurm
- Coursework or project experience in tracking, data fitting, statistics, flight simulation
- Experience with data management
- Ability to work with multiple I/O file formats, including writing parsers
Our interview process is designed to let you get to know us as much as for us to get to know you!
- You’ll meet with someone from our Recruiting team so we can learn more about you and answer some of your questions.
- You’ll meet with the Hiring Manager to learn more about the team, the role, and get to tell us more about what you’d bring to the team
- You’ll meet team members who will be your peers to help you get a feel for a “real day in the life” at Self.
Benefits and Perks:
Aquila team members experience the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, customer-focused, and technically innovative work environment. Aquila strives to deliver the best of the best in technical services to our customers. Candidates that possess a love for technical challenges, a desire to constantly learn, and the desire to establish themselves as critical players within a team will enjoy calling Aquila Technology home.
Our Perks Include:
- PTO – 15 days (vacation/sick) 10 paid holidays – 6 standard (New Year’s, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas) – 4 floating holidays prorated based on your day of hire
- 1.5 paid days, or 12 hours, for approved volunteer work
- 1 week of paid maternity/paternity LOA after 1 year of Full-time employment
- Tuition & Training Reimbursement – 5K annually for pre-approved, job-related tuition, certification, or professional conferences
- 401K with Fidelity 100% immediate vesting; Plan eligibility begins 90 days following the date of hire. Aquila matches 50 cents on the dollar, up to 6%.
- Cell Phone & Internet Reimbursed up to $150 monthly to cover cell phone, data, and home internet expenses.
- By Your Own Device (BYOD) Allowance Reimbursed up to $1500 for the purchase of a qualified technology device. Eligible after 90 days of employment, and benefit renews every three years.
Location: Lexington, MA
Work Schedule: The position is On-site — Individual generally works on-site. There may be flexibility to work from home (depending on the needs of the program) approx. 1 day a week. Must be within commutable distance of Lexington, MA.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.