Software Developer – Signal Processing
Clearance Level: None
At Aquila Technology, you will see our team’s passion every day, whether we are building a robust, policy-compliant IT system or stress-testing a system to identify gaps and security vulnerabilities. To own the advantage, we ensure our team owns results and gets the work done right the first time by deploying smart, purposeful solutions that work. Aquila is the right people with the right skills driving the right outcomes. We call this the Aquila Advantage.
About the Role:
Aquila is seeking a Software Developer – Signal Processing to join our team in supporting one of the country’s premier defense research organizations. The group maintains, operates, and develops various software for interfacing with hardware, data acquisition, real-time signal processing, organization, and visualization of data collected from sensors that run on the group’s testbed aircraft and ground systems. The group is in need of two Software Developers to assist with development, support, and upgrades to a suite of software tools for organizing, storing, and analyzing the large amounts of data being collected.
There are a few requirements for the position:
- Must be a U.S Citizen (Green Cards / Visas do not qualify)
- Willingness to undergo a comprehensive background investigation and maintain a personal security clearance. (Aquila would sponsor you for the security clearance.)
- Reside within 100 miles of Lexington, Massachusetts.
What You’ll Do:
Applications include the development of real-time signal processing algorithms, sensor control and instrumentation, automation, and front-end GUI applications for engineers and end-users. Additional responsibilities include maintaining the integrity of the Group’s core software libraries, development of unit and integration tests, participating in code reviews, and standing up new development infrastructure.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7 years of Software/Algorithm Development
- 5 years of Linux Development
- 7 years of Software Documentation
- 7 years of C++11 or later, Stand Template Library, Boost library
- 3 years of GIT/GitHub
- 7 years of Object Oriented Software Design and Development
- 3 years of Parallel programming (multi-threading, synchronization, etc.)
- 3 years of Software Architecture
- 3 years of Software Design/Development
- 5 years of CMake
- 3 years of Hardware and Software Integration
Working Knowledge of the Following:
- Strong C++ background and working knowledge of modern C++, minimum 7 years
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design paradigms, the STL, and Boost libraries
- Linux development experience, minimum three years
- Experience with CMake
- Experience with Git
- Experience with debuggers
And These Skills are a Bonus:
- Strong knowledge of Linux debuggers such as gdb.
- Strong knowledge of Modern CMake
- Strong experience with Qt 5 and Qt 6
- Experience with DDS messaging technologies or similar publish/subscribe technologies
- Experience with digital signal processing and digital sensors
- Experience with multi-threaded applications
- Experience with networking and serial interfaces
- Experience with Agile workflows and JIRA
Our interview process is designed to let you get to know us as much as for us to get to know you!
- You’ll meet with someone from our Recruiting team so we can learn more about you and answer some of your questions.
- You’ll meet with the Hiring Manager to learn more about the team, the role, and get to tell us more about what you’d bring to the team
- You’ll meet team members who will be your peers to help you get a feel for a “real day in the life” at Self.
Benefits and Perks:
Aquila team members experience the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, customer-focused, and technically innovative work environment. Aquila strives to deliver the best of the best in technical services to our customers. Candidates that possess a love for technical challenges, a desire to constantly learn, and the desire to establish themselves as critical players within a team will enjoy calling Aquila Technology home.
Our Perks Include:
- PTO – 15 days (vacation/sick) 10 paid holidays – 6 standard (New Year’s, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas) – 4 floating holidays prorated based on your day of hire
- 1.5 paid days, or 12 hours, for approved volunteer work
- 1 week of paid maternity/paternity LOA after 1 year of Full-time employment
- Tuition & Training Reimbursement – 5K annually for pre-approved, job-related tuition, certification, or professional conferences
- 401K with Fidelity 100% immediate vesting; Plan eligibility begins 90 days following the date of hire. Aquila matches 50 cents on the dollar, up to 6%.
- Cell Phone & Internet Reimbursed up to $150 monthly to cover cell phone, data, and home internet expenses.
- By Your Own Device (BYOD) Allowance Reimbursed up to $1500 for the purchase of a qualified technology device. Eligible after 90 days of employment, and benefit renews every three years.
Location: Lexington, MA
Work Schedule: This position is hybrid: The individual works from home or off-site for a portion of their schedule and within a routinely commutable distance from the facility. Onsite presence will be required for short periods of time based on integration events. For example, 2-4 days/per week for a period of 2-3 weeks. Must be within commutable distance of Lexington, MA.
Clearance: Interim clearance sufficient to start.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.