Software Developer – Radar Systems
Clearance Level: Secret
At Aquila Technology, you will see our team’s passion every day, whether we are building a robust, policy-compliant IT system or stress-testing a system to identify gaps and security vulnerabilities. To own the advantage, we ensure our team owns results and gets the work done right the first time by deploying smart, purposeful solutions that work. Aquila is the right people with the right skills driving the right outcomes. We call this the Aquila Advantage.
About the Role:
Aquila is seeking a Software Developer – Radar Systems to join our team in supporting one of the country’s premier defense research organizations. The group performs concept development, prototype design, analysis, and demonstrations in support of the National test ranges and HF and air defense radars and systems.
There are a few requirements for the position:
- Must be a U.S Citizen (Green Cards / Visas do not qualify)
- Willingness to undergo a comprehensive background investigation and maintain a personal security clearance. (Aquila would sponsor you for the security clearance.)
- Reside within 100 miles of Lexington, Massachusetts.
What You’ll Do:
The Software Developer will provide software development for wideband radar system analysis and design, associated signal and data processing, radar calibration, testing, and data analysis. Responsibilities include but are not limited to designing, developing, and supporting technical programs utilizing modern, object-oriented, modular open-systems architecture primarily using C++, Linux, and publish-subscribe middleware.
What You’ll Bring:
- Masters Degree
- Currently holds a Secret Clearance (OR a higher clearance)
- 5 years of Wideband radar system design, development, and testing
- 5 years of C/C++ Programming
- 5 years of Implementing software in Matlab
- 5 years of Software Design/Development
- 5 years RF
- 5 years of RF Systems
- 5 years of Radar and Statistical Signal Processing Algorithm Development
- 5 years of Radar Signal Processing Development
- 5 years of Hardware and Software Integration
Working Knowledge of the Following:
- Full software life cycle of design, development, testing, timing, debugging, and deployment.
- In-depth knowledge of C++ object-oriented programming with several years’ of experience applying this knowledge to complex software architectures
- Experience in the following fields: RF systems, radar signal processing, and statistical signal processing
- Effective communication with colleagues, sponsors, and other research sites.
- Effective organizational skills with the ability to complete assignments working independently and in a team environment.
- MATLAB and C++ programming experience
And These Skills are a Bonus:
- Experience with publish-subscribe middleware, parallel programming, and distributed systems
- Familiarity with basic UNIX system and network configuration and administration to the extent that it aids in software development
- Experience with basic data visualization and display toolkits and methodologies
- Experience with wideband phased array radar systems, radar system design, development, testing, and moving target detection and tracking.
- Familiarity with RF laboratory equipment, including waveform generators, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, and network analyzers.
- Experience with other programming/scripting languages such as Java, C, Python, and shell scripting
Our interview process is designed to let you get to know us as much as for us to get to know you!
- You’ll meet with someone from our Recruiting team so we can learn more about you and answer some of your questions.
- You’ll meet with the Hiring Manager to learn more about the team, the role, and get to tell us more about what you’d bring to the team
- You’ll meet team members who will be your peers to help you get a feel for a “real day in the life” at Self.
Benefits and Perks:
Aquila team members experience the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, customer-focused, and technically innovative work environment. Aquila strives to deliver the best of the best in technical services to our customers. Candidates that possess a love for technical challenges, a desire to constantly learn, and the desire to establish themselves as critical players within a team will enjoy calling Aquila Technology home.
Our Perks Include:
- PTO – 15 days (vacation/sick) 10 paid holidays – 6 standard (New Year’s, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas) – 4 floating holidays prorated based on your day of hire
- 1.5 paid days, or 12 hours, for approved volunteer work
- 1 week of paid maternity/paternity LOA after 1 year of Full-time employment
- Tuition & Training Reimbursement – 5K annually for pre-approved, job-related tuition, certification, or professional conferences
- 401K with Fidelity 100% immediate vesting; Plan eligibility begins 90 days following the date of hire. Aquila matches 50 cents on the dollar, up to 6%.
- Cell Phone & Internet Reimbursed up to $150 monthly to cover cell phone, data, and home internet expenses.
- By Your Own Device (BYOD) Allowance Reimbursed up to $1500 for the purchase of a qualified technology device. Eligible after 90 days of employment, and benefit renews every three years.
Location: Lexington, MA
Work Schedule: This position is hybrid – The individual works from home or off-site for a portion of their schedule. The candidate should expect to work onsite 3 days a week. Must be within commutable distance of Lexington, Massachusetts.
Clearance: Candidates must have an active secret clearance to be considered for this position.
Travel: Estimated at 5% only (domestic/international)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.