Project Manager – Information Technology
Clearance Level: Secret
At Aquila Technology, you will see our team’s passion every day, whether we are building a robust, policy-compliant IT system or stress-testing a system to identify gaps and security vulnerabilities. To own the advantage, we ensure our team owns results and gets the work done right the first time by deploying smart, purposeful solutions that work. Aquila is the right people with the right skills driving the right outcomes. We call this the Aquila Advantage.
About the Role:
Aquila is seeking a Project Manager – Information Technology to join our team in supporting one of the country’s premier defense research organizations. The office focuses on portfolio and project management, and execution of key ISD projects using best practices and standardized templates and tools. The PMO is also responsible for providing accurate and objective project reporting to stakeholders and ISD leadership.
There are a few requirements for the position:
- Must be a U.S Citizen (Green Cards / Visas do not qualify)
- Willingness to undergo a comprehensive background investigation and maintain a personal security clearance. (Aquila would sponsor you for the security clearance.)
- Reside within 100 miles of Lexington, Massachusetts.
Responsibilities will include:
- Execute ISD’s major projects and or programs using standard methodology, templates, tools, and framework for effective project performance
- Lead efforts to define new projects/programs including scoping, sizing, and planning.
- Direct and facilitate the development of the business case, charter, project plan, communications plan, and requirements metrics with input from the project teams.
- Drive project results that are aligned with strategic organizational objectives.
- Collaborate with business analysts, technical leads, developers, quality assurance associates, and other key stakeholders from project scope definition through implementation.
- Manage scope, schedule, risks, issues, and changes while always striving to minimize exposure and risk across multiple projects.
- Hold regular meetings with project teams including project kick-off and close-out meetings, set agendas, and document and communicate meeting notes and action items.
- Provide project/program status reporting to stakeholders, ISD management, and Laboratory senior management and manage expectations across the Laboratory.
- Act as the single point of contact for third-party vendors working closely with vendor PMs to ensure on-time and on-budget completion of agreed-upon deliverables.
- Coordinate procurement activities with the project team and contracting services department.
- Lead project/program reviews and quality assurance process to ensure successful execution of projects as measured by Laboratory, and Departmental goals and customer satisfaction.
- Provide a significant level of competency to project teams by leveraging technical acumen and strong business management experience •Ensure projects are in compliance with the Laboratory enterprise, security, and infrastructure architectures.
- Actively maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies and project management methodologies and tools.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8 years of Application programming, database, and system design
- Currently holds a Secret Clearance (OR a higher clearance)
- 8 years of Agile Software Development Process
- 8 years of Change Management
- 8 years of Creating and Managing Project Timelines
- 8 years of Infrastructure and application projects
- 8 years of Issue Resolution
- 0 years of Management of large multi-year programs and projects
- 8 years of PMBOK
- 0 years of Presenting to executive leadership
- 8 years of Process improvement experience
- 8 years of Waterfall Methodology
- Analytical and Decision-Making Skills
- 8 years of Cloud Implementations (i.e. SaaS, IaaS, and Platform)
- 8 years of Project Management Software (Microsoft Project Professional)
Working Knowledge of the Following:
- Diverse and broad experience executing multi-year, multi-phase infrastructure, product deployment, software development, business applications, ERP implementations, and website development programs and projects.
- Experience delivering cloud implementations including but not limited to Software as a service (SaaS), Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and Platform as a service (PaaS)
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience of Project Management Methodologies, specifically PMBOK Waterfall and Agile Scrum
- Possesses general understanding in the areas of application programming, database, and system design. Understands Internet, Intranet, Extranet, and client/server architectures.
- Proven ability to work in a highly matrixed organization, influence and work with cross-functional teams, and lead organizational change management
- Candidates should be enthusiastic, self –starters able to work independently with little supervision but also demonstrate solid teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead dynamically and energize multidiscipline work teams, to learn and apply new skills and techniques to respond to business needs.
- Ability to negotiate and use persuasion to remove obstacles and achieve project objectives
- Experience in process improvement and business re-engineering methods and organizational change management
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills to evaluate business problems and apply knowledge to identify appropriate solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; ability to communicate with customers, associates, vendors, and management.
- Strong presentation skills; ability to present and discuss strategies and technical information in a manner that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in project management software – Microsoft Project Professional.
- MS OR BS. Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technologies, Engineering or equivalent is required, Master’s Degree preferred or equivalent industry experience
- At least 8 years of applicable experience
And These Skills are a Bonus:
- ITIL Foundations and/or Certification
- PMP Certification
- Scrum Master Certification
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Scrum Master Certification CSM)
- Exposure or certification in ITIL Foundations
- Project management methodology development and or continuous improvement to an existing process
- Experience as a business analyst
Our interview process is designed to let you get to know us as much as for us to get to know you!
- You’ll meet with someone from our Recruiting team so we can learn more about you and answer some of your questions.
- You’ll meet with the Hiring Manager to learn more about the team, the role, and get to tell us more about what you’d bring to the team
- You’ll meet team members who will be your peers to help you get a feel for a “real day in the life” at Self.
Benefits and Perks:
Aquila team members experience the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, customer-focused, and technically innovative work environment. Aquila strives to deliver the best of the best in technical services to our customers. Candidates that possess a love for technical challenges, a desire to constantly learn, and the desire to establish themselves as critical players within a team will enjoy calling Aquila Technology home.
Our Perks Include:
- PTO – 15 days (vacation/sick) 10 paid holidays – 6 standard (New Year’s, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas) – 4 floating holidays prorated based on your day of hire
- 1.5 paid days, or 12 hours, for approved volunteer work
- 1 week of paid maternity/paternity LOA after 1 year of Full-time employment
- Tuition & Training Reimbursement – 5K annually for pre-approved, job-related tuition, certification, or professional conferences
- 401K with Fidelity 100% immediate vesting; Plan eligibility begins 90 days following the date of hire. Aquila matches 50 cents on the dollar, up to 6%.
- Cell Phone & Internet Reimbursed up to $150 monthly to cover cell phone, data, and home internet expenses.
- By Your Own Device (BYOD) Allowance Reimbursed up to $1500 for the purchase of a qualified technology device. Eligible after 90 days of employment, and benefit renews every three years.
Location: Lexington, MA
Work Schedule: This position is VIRTUAL. The candidate can work remotely but they MUST live within 100 miles of Lexington, Massachusetts so that they can come into the facility if necessary for the needs of the program. The onsite work will NOT be regular.
Clearance: Candidates should have an active clearance (secret/top secret, etc.) in order to be considered for this position due to the nature of the work being done.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.