DSP Software Engineer
Clearance Level: None
At Aquila Technology, you will see our team’s passion every day, whether we are building a robust, policy-compliant IT system or stress-testing a system to identify gaps and security vulnerabilities. To own the advantage, we ensure our team owns results and gets the work done right the first time by deploying smart, purposeful solutions that work. Aquila is the right people with the right skills driving the right outcomes. We call this the Aquila Advantage.
About the Role:
Aquila is seeking a DSP Software Engineer to join our team in supporting one of the country’s premier defense research organizations. Development efforts are multi-disciplinary and include various activities requiring the design and implementation of software, firmware, and hardware components and subsystems.
There are a few requirements for the position:
- Must be a U.S Citizen (Green Cards / Visas do not qualify)
- Willingness to undergo a comprehensive background investigation and maintain a personal security clearance. (Aquila would sponsor you for the security clearance.)
- Reside within 100 miles of Lexington, Massachusetts.
What You’ll Do:
We are looking for a software engineer that is capable of designing, building, and integrating software at various locations within the system. This software includes control systems software, digital signal processing software, embedded control software, and device control software.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8 years of Software/Algorithm Development
- 5 years of Inter-process Communications (TCP/IP, Thin Communications Layers, Publish/Subscribe Middleware, DDS)
- 5 years of C/C++ Programming
- 5 years of C++11 or later, Stand Template Library, Boost library
- 2 years of GIT/GitHub
- 1 year of JSON
- 8 years of Object Oriented Software Design and Development
- 5 years of Software Design/Development
- 2 years of Digital Signal Processing
- 5 years of Maven or Gradle, Git / Gitlab, Make / Autotools
- 5 years of Linux Environment
Working Knowledge of the Following:
- Linux/Unix environment.
- Developing software for a wide variety of situations, including real-time software.
- Primary development language is C++
- Digital Signal Processing
- Experience with programmatically interacting with laboratory-grade test equipment.
And These Skills are a Bonus:
- Python Programming Experience/Scripting
- Real-Time Embedded Systems (RTOS, VxWorks, Xenomai, Linux)
- UDP Multicast and Unicast
- Embedded Software
- Communication Protocols (USB, Ethernet, PCIe, I2C, SPI)
- Hardware and Software Integration
- Real-Time Linux Kernels, Tuning, and Performance Analysis
Our interview process is designed to let you get to know us as much as for us to get to know you!
- You’ll meet with someone from our Recruiting team so we can learn more about you and answer some of your questions.
- You’ll meet with the Hiring Manager to learn more about the team, the role, and get to tell us more about what you’d bring to the team
- You’ll meet team members who will be your peers to help you get a feel for a “real day in the life” at Self.
Benefits and Perks:
Aquila team members experience the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, customer-focused, and technically innovative work environment. Aquila strives to deliver the best of the best in technical services to our customers. Candidates that possess a love for technical challenges, a desire to constantly learn, and the desire to establish themselves as critical players within a team will enjoy calling Aquila Technology home.
Our Perks Include:
- PTO – 15 days (vacation/sick) 10 paid holidays – 6 standard (New Year’s, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas) – 4 floating holidays prorated based on your day of hire
- 1.5 paid days, or 12 hours, for approved volunteer work
- 1 week of paid maternity/paternity LOA after 1 year of Full-time employment
- Tuition & Training Reimbursement – 5K annually for pre-approved, job-related tuition, certification, or professional conferences
- 401K with Fidelity 100% immediate vesting; Plan eligibility begins 90 days following the date of hire. Aquila matches 50 cents on the dollar, up to 6%.
- Cell Phone & Internet Reimbursed up to $150 monthly to cover cell phone, data, and home internet expenses.
- By Your Own Device (BYOD) Allowance Reimbursed up to $1500 for the purchase of a qualified technology device. Eligible after 90 days of employment, and benefit renews every three years.
Location: Lexington, MA
Work Schedule: There are 2 openings in this role. The position will be predominantly onsite; the person should expect to be onsite 4-5 days/week. Some parts of the project lifecycle will require more onsite at times than others.Must be within commutable distance of Lexington, MA.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.